Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Gibraltar.


Two weekends ago, I went on a school trip to Gibraltar. Above you can see where it is located! It is a British Overseas Territory at the Southern tip of Andalucía, Spain! It was a 2 hour bus ride and we just had to show our passports and we were in! It is a very small territory and really only has a principal street where everyone does shopping and walking around. They are known for their cheap tobacco and alcohol! 

It was a beautiful day and I even left my trusty down jacket on the bus and had only a scarf with me! I was in heaven. One thing I really have to say about Gibraltar is that it really reminded me of Hong Kong. Why? Because HK used to be a British territory as well and when I saw Marks & Spencers, I was so pleasantly surprised! 


British soldiers on the left, endless amounts of alcohol and tobacco on the right


Taking photos with pretty doors (when will I learn?), many restaurants to order Fish and Chips!


Marks and Spencers, it was real good to see you! 


We took a bus up the mountain and saw the stunning Mediterranean Sea and a little bit of Africa! The wind was crazy.


Gibraltar is kind of known for their Moroccan monkeys. They were the best part of the trip. However, this one monkey decided to get in the bus with us and run over our heads. It was scary yet exciting at the same time!




Too excited to see the monkeys. 


Oh my gosh, don't get me started on the baby monkeys. I just wanted to take one home with me. I held this little one's hand and it was unreal. It felt just like a human baby hand and I just about died. 


One last monkey photo, I promise. Miss you, little guy!


Hey Gibraltar, you were a lot of fun. Thanks for the sun :) 

No comments: