I keep saying it but it is so true: time flies. Everyday seems long - I'm in the office for 8 hours a day... but at the end of the week or the month, I say to myself in disbelief... wow, how is it July already? Then, how is it August already? Time is so sneaky...
...
On Friday night, I had a night out with work colleagues. Yes, I'm officially old and growing up. I was very excited (and a teensy anxious!) to go out with them but it was a great night to say the least. We partied in Wan Chai district (familiar territory;) but I was introduced to new bars and pubs! I didn't go to any of the places I frequent with friends but instead had a whole new experience elsewhere with different crowds of people. Much more grown-up crowd, I would say, but I pretty much expected it. Still, you can bet that I danced my butt off to some good music and made new friends. That will never change no matter where I am :)
...
On Saturday, my fambam took a trip to Macau to accompany some American friends who are visiting Hong Kong. I've been to Macau many many times before but this time was a bit different! We had a tour guide with us who took us to a few places I had never gone before in Macau. Oh, we did the usual stops at the ruins of the St. Paul Church (my personal favorite place there), Senado Square, The Venetian, MGM... but the most exciting thing was going up to the Macau Tower. It was amazing! We had a lovely little buffet lunch at the revolving restaurant at the very top. Yes, it moved 360 degrees and it made me kind of dizzy at first even though it was moving at a snail's place. Any faster than that I don't think I could have been able to stay there. We could see all of Macau up there and also a little of China. And the cool thing was that we could see the bungee jumpers from the Macau tower. They were a floor above the restaurant and we could see as they took the leap off the tower. And it's the highest bungee jumping point in the world.
I got to put my new camera to good use and took so many photos. Here are some of my favorites:
| A portion of the St. Paul Church |
![]() |
| Candles and flowers in St. Dominics Church |
![]() |
| The Macau Tower |
| Our view for lunch |
| Butterfly exhibit in MGM |
More photos on my Flickr!
Here's to the last couple of weeks of summer 2012 back at home. It was nothing short of amazing. Hope you've had a lovely summer wherever you are as well.
Thanks for reading! xo






No comments:
Post a Comment