Thursday, August 9, 2012

I got a Flickr!


Go check it out, if you'd like.

So I figure a lot of the times I take photos I don't necessarily want to put on Facebook (and nowadays it seems like it's the only way to share anything) because some photos are just not Facebook material.  And this way friends and family who don't use Facebook can see snapshots of my life. I've wanted a Flickr for a long time so I'm really excited to use it. I love sharing photos and admiring other people's photography. I wouldn't really describe the photos I take as "photography" but I sure do enjoy doing it a lot. 

And the thing is, the other weekend, I kind of splurged on a nice camera! It is a Nikon advanced camera with interchangeable lens. I really wanted a DSLR camera at first but then I changed my mind. My Nikon camera has the works of a DSLR anyway and is convenient to take around (not to mention a great accessory because it's white and beautiful). I've already started playing with it lots and am learning how to master it. I'm going to document some lovely things with my new camera and share it on here and my Flickr.

In fact, the photos from this post were taken with my camera the day after I got it. 

Let's hope for some more photo creativity around these parts :)



No comments: