Monday, August 5, 2013

Ronda.

On one my last weekends in Spain, I was lucky enough to visit Ronda. It had been on my list to visit since the very beginning but I just never found an open weekend to go! But oh my gosh am I glad I did. Located in Andalusia, just west of Málaga, it really is a precious city. It was often visited by Ernest Hemingway and Orson Welles and they wrote many stories of their time there. They wrote of its beauty and bull-fighting traditions.


Sunshine all day. Lush green views all around. 


Ronda has such a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. There are so many pathways and corners to explore within town and the nature side. 


I wanted to set myself against the railing and stare at this view all day. 



Views of the town. I could easily get lost in the streets and admire the houses and their balconies and window sills. 


El Puente Nuevo, spanning the canyon, is the famous feature of Ronda. How grand does that look! I was awestruck. 



Me, looking down from the bridge. The wind was so strong and my hair got all crazy. 


As always, there are castle-looking things everywhere I visit in Spain ;) 



"Never go on trips with anyone you do not love" - Ernest Hemingway 


I'll be back to Ronda someday! It is completely one of the most gorgeous places I've been to. We had such a delicious lunch as well in one of the local restaurants. The more I think about it, my last weeks in Spain were the dreamiest.

And I have all these people I love and to thank for it. I feel so incredibly thankful. Anyway, if you get a chance, you must go to Ronda. 

xo

No comments: