Monday, August 19, 2013

It will always be home.

My heart breaks a little each and every time I have to leave Taipei. I am always so excited to go, but at the end of the trip, I'm almost always in tears. The exciting city life, the beautiful nature side, the good food, family, language, and down to the familiar little sounds I hear as I'm walking along the streets brings me so much joy and comfort. My other home cities are amazing, but none compare to Taipei. It's the place I was born, where my roots lead to, and my heart knows that no matter how many other places I will live in!
The sun is out bright and early. And hot. 

Whether we were shopping or running errands, people we met would comment on how tan we were. You see, most people in Taiwan like to stay away from the sun and retain a "whiter", paler skin tone. So basically, we kind of stuck out. 
There were absolutely stunning skies day and night, and all the hours in between. The clouds are just gorgeous and the sunset makes such pretty colors. 
We do a lot of walking and I love it. Although the heat was pretty strong, I always prefer walking. I can appreciate and see so much more of the city that way and of course, we had to walk off whatever food we just ate ;)

More pictures to be shared in the next few days. We had such a fun 10 days back in our home city with family. Now for a busy couple of days before it's back to my other life in Orange County. It really feels like a different life right now. Certainly after 8 months of being away on the other side of the world. 

No comments: